My husband and I have been together for 10 years December 1st and we’ve been married 7 years. We have 2 small children so we don’t really get much time together, especially since my mother is the only one we’ll leave them with and she has a life so she can’t babysit all the time. We decided to spend the night out in honor of our 1o years together, but when we thought about it we both knew we really shouldn’t spend the money, especially with Christmas coming. I was determined to get our night away so I began looking into how we could do this without spending a lot of money. I was very successful in my search!
Here is what I did:
1. I applied for a Marriott Rewards Visa and with that we got 1 free night’s stay. It includes everything (tax too) = $.00
2. We get a free full Breakfast = $.00
3. I got a $25 gift card from Olive Garden as a reward from my visa card + there was a $4.00 coupon off two dinners in the inserts recently. Total to spend on Dinner: $29.00 (We will probably spend a bit more but it’s better than paying for the entire dinner).
4. We are going to go to Toys R Us and do a little Christmas shopping so I gathered up some coupons for that trip. I have (2) 15% off Any one toy coupons and (3) $3.00 gift cards my daughter got in the mail for her birthday (not sure why we got 3). We will do as many transactions as we have to in order to use all these coupons.
5. (2) Coupons for a free dessert when you buy a 20 oz coffee at Borders. Borders is near Toys R Us so we can go there and get some dessert when we buy a coffee.
6. We also plan on going to the movies so we are going to go to a early show to get the cheaper price. It’s been so long since we’ve gone to the movies I don’t even know how much that will cost us. Last time we went they were $6.00 each. I am still looking for coupons for that, but not sure if I will find anything. The movies will probably be the most expensive part of our weekend.
We are heading out this weekend, as long as no one else in my house gets sick. I am really looking forward to this, like I said, we don’t get to spend too much time alone together so it will be nice. I’m also happy to know that we are doing it with spending as little money as we possible can. I will let you know how much we do spend next week.