Product Name: Brother PT-1290 Label Maker
Product Information: Part of the “simply stylish” line of P-Touch products, the PT-1290 is perfect for all your home office labeling applications. With its sleek design, the PT-1290 will blend nicely with virtually any home office decor. It features an easy-view 15-character LCD display, typewriter style keyboard and auto tape detection feature that automatically recognizes the size of the installed tape cassette and adjusts the text to fit the label width. A dedicated “deco mode” key gives you easy access to 15, unique pre-designed label formats for creating decorative labels – including professional layouts that accommodate 2 rows of text. Easily switch between 2 fonts – with the touch of a button. Use the built-in memory to store up to 9 of your most frequently used labels. With its great-looking design and array of features, the PT-1290 is a perfect handheld solution for virtually any home office.
Prints labels up to 12mm wide on durable, “TZ” laminated tape – perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. Operates on 6 “AAA” batteries or optional AC adapter (neither included).
Product Price: $39.99
Purchase Information: Amazon
I am forever trying to orgazine myself and this year I vowed to be more organized. I’m happy to report I’m off to a good start and the Brother PT-1290 has helped me a lot too! I find that by labeling things, my family and I have an easier time putting it where it belongs. It also helps my daughters to learn to read!
I’ve tried label makers in the past but this one is so much better than anything I’ve tried. Part of that reason is because things evolve and get better as time goes on. But this label maker is truly pretty cool.
What I like about the Brother PT-1290 Label Maker-
- The packaging!! Yes I said the packaging. It was so easy to open. I hate when things come in the hard plastic that’s almost impossible to cut even with the best scissors. But this one I didn’t need scissors for. It had a tap you pealed off in the back and then it was super easy to get it out of the package. Brilliant idea!!!
- The size of it. It fits nicely in my hands and easy to type with. The keyboard is a regular Qwerty keyboard so I can type very easily with my thumbs.
- The buttons need to be pushed down a bit in order for that letter to register, but I’m OK with that because if it was too easy then I’d be making a LOT of mistakes.
- It has two fonts that you can easily change from one to another buy just the push of a button. Makes it super quick. I like that.
- I love the variety of labels you can purchase to use with this label maker. I scrapbook and was happy to see that they have acid free adhesive tape which will come in very handy for me. It’s the next tape I will buy and it’s only $19.99… not bad IMO. They also have tamper evident laminated tape which could come in handy if you need that sort of security. Might be good for labeling gifts that you don’t want anyone to peek at! And they also have fabric iron-on tape which is great for labeling the kids cloths and coats. That one is a little more pricey… it’s $26.49 but you get 9.8 ft of tape which is a lot and I’m sure I can get it for less on Amazon if I kept an eye out for it. There are lots more option but those were one I was pretty impressed with.
- Another feature I found useful was that I could do two lines of text.
- And then there is the Deco mode. You can really personalize things with this mode. It’s pretty cool all the different options. I will be using this to label things for my business trips as well.
There is so much more you can do with this label maker what I mentioned above is just the beginning and some of my favorite features. And for the price point I think it’s a very handy tool to have in your home office.
I like to also list things that I don’t like about items, if I can find anything and this time I could only find one thing so far that I don’t like.
What I DO NOT like about the Brother PT-1290 Label Maker-
- It takes 6 “AAA” batteries, which are NOT included. When it arrived I didn’t have that many on hand since I don’t use that size very often. I was disappointed they weren’t included. That’s always a nice perk. And not because of the cost of buying the batteries (though that can be costly) but the convenience of being able to open it up and use it right away. Yes it was clearly marked on the package but if I’m shopping with my children I don’t always get the chance to notice stuff like that.
(1) Koupon Karen reader will win a Brother PT-1290 Label Maker!
Entry is simple! You just need to answer the question below by leaving a comment on this site! You can even gain up to 4 bonus entries for doing each additional item listed (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one — up to a total of 5 comments). As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included.
Tell me what you need help orgazining?
1. Follow @KouponKaren on twitter and tweet the following “I entered to #win some a Brother Label Maker @KouponKaren and you can too! http://wp.me/pMKCI-79C #giveaway”
2. “Like” Koupon Karen on Facebook –> I have a new page so if you were previously my “friend on facebook” please like this page as well.
3. Comment on any other post on my blog (giveaway posts don’t count) then come back here and let me know what post you commented on.
Details: This giveaway is open to US Residents and will remain open until July 1st at 11:59 p.m. EST . Any comments left after this time will not be counted. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclosure: I received the same prize pack as the winner. My opinions are 100% mine.