Peter Pan Bus Lines announced its first-ever round-trip service to Mystic from Providence, Boston and New York City year round and passengers can receive discounts from Mystic Shops, Restaurants and Lodging when you show your bus tickets.
“Peter Pan Bus Lines is delighted to partner with the Olde Mistick Village, Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, Mystic Seaport, the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce and our Mystic hospitality partners to launch service to this great destination,” said Bruce Westcott, vice president of business development, Peter Pan Bus Lines. “In our commitment to customer service and helping the environment, it is important to extend our service offerings. Mystic is Connecticut’s #1 tourist destination, and since we have been successful carrying passengers into other tourist destinations, like Boston and Cape Cod, we believe we can duplicate that service here in Mystic.”
You can grab a bus 7 days a week from Logan Airport and South Station in Boton, Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City, Kennedy Plaza in Providence and T.F. Green Airport in Warwick. Passengers are picked up and dropped off at the bus stop located at the north end of Olde Mistick Village. Boston and New York fares are $30 one way and $60 roundtrip, and Providence fares are $17 one way and $34 roundtrip.
“We hope that the convenience this new route offers will encourage those who might not otherwise travel to Mystic, due to the distance or lack of a vehicle, to visit and experience all Mystic has to offer,” said Joyce Resnikoff, co-owner of Olde Mistick Village. “There is a wealth of things to see and do – Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, Mystic Seaport, Olde Mistick Village and the downtown area – all within a two-mile radius of the bus stop.”
Mystic businesses offering discounts to passengers include:
- Bank Square Books – 20 percent off one-time entire purchase (does not apply to gift certificates)
- Comfort Inn Mystic – 20 percent off regular room rates
- Irish Eyes – 10 percent off purchase (excludes jewelry, sweaters, belleek and sale items)
- Mystic Howard Johnson – 10 percent off regular room rates
- Mystic Dine & Sail – Call for information on hotel, dining and sailing discounts
- Residence Inn Mystic – 10 percent off regular room rates
- Subway, Whitehall Ave., Mystic – $5 for any six-inch sub, chips and a soda
- Whaler’s Inn – $20 off regular room rates (Sun.-Thurs.)
Visit peterpanbus.com for schedules, fare information and tickets.