I’ve been inspired by so many people to be even more frugal this year especially when it comes to the holidays and special occasions. There are so many ways we can save and still get so much. I was very happy with all the great deals I got this past Christmas on presents. I could of done even better had I started earlier in the year, but still I didn’t spend nearly as much as I normally do.
I put together a list of ways that we can be frugal when it comes to gift giving by using FREE gift cards that you can get through out the year.
- A lot of credit cards will give you points you can then turn into gift cards. If you use your credit card to pay for your weekly shopping and gas purchases you can rack up points all year long and then cash them in for gift cards to do all your Holiday shopping. You just have to make sure you pay your credit card balances at the end of the month or it will defeat the purpose. There is also Discover which will give you 5% cash back for gas, groceries and travel and 1% cash back for everything else. Right now Discover has a $50 cash back bonus which is FREE Money! That money can just be stashed away for later in the year.
- Another way to get gift cards is by doing surveys. A lot of survey companies will offer gift cards in exchange for doing surveys. If you let your balances add up all year long you can also use those for Holiday presents or you can use those to purchase Birthday presents throughout the year. At the end of this post I will list survey companies that I know of that pay you in gift cards. Of course there are so many Survey companies that pay cash too. If you leave the money in your account all year and just let it add up, you can withdraw it to buy gifts too, same as gift cards but CASH.
- Swagbucks is another GREAT source for FREE gift cards. You can WIN FREE PRIZES just by searching the web. Swagbucks are digital dollars that you earn just for doing the things you’re already doing. You’ll never need another search engine! You just let you Swagbucks add up and cash them in for Gift Cards at the end of the year. You’ll be amazed how fast they add up too!
- Another way to earn FREE gift cards is to get them as Incentives for trying products. Sometimes a dealership may offer you a gift card for test driving a vehicle. That’s pretty simple. You can also get gift cards by trying products or services and even for making purchases.
- My Points is an online shopping rewards program. You can earn free rewards for taking surveys, shopping online, playing games & reading email? No catches! It’s free. You can save up all your points until the end of the year and cash them in for gift cards. They have a HUGE selection!
Survey Sites that pay in Gift Cards:
- Opinion Outpost
- Nielsen Home Scan
- Daily Survey Panel
- Valued Opinions
- Squishy Cash – You can earn cash and also earn chips that you can cash in for gift cards too.
If you start planning now for the money you will spend later in the year, then you’ll have all you need and it will seem like you didn’t even spend anything at the Holidays.