I really enjoy cooking but by dinner time the enjoyment is gone and now it’s a chore that I seldom enjoy. I should start dinner earlier in the day but it always seems to be put on the ‘back burner’ and I never start early enough. I’ve resorted to quick dinners many nights. Luckily my husband is OK with quick easy dinners, he’s pretty easy to please and doesn’t demand much of a variety and I’m thankful for that.
When the people at Tyson asked if I’d like to try one of their NEW Tyson Skillet Creations Meal Kits I jumped all over that! I love trying new things, but especially if they are quick and easy!
I picked up the Grilled Chicken Tuscany and Penne and tossed it in the freezer until a night came along where I needed something quick to make. Needless to say, it didn’t sit in the freezer too long.
The instructions were easy enough, toss into skillet and cook for about 1o minutes. That’s exactly what I did. I made a salad to have along side and dinner was done.
The results were good. The pasta was cooked perfect and not overcooked at all. I don’t like when my pasta is overcooked. The veggies were also cooked just right and the chicken was nice and tender, not dry at all. The sauce was a little sweeter than I prefer to make it but it was good and since it took me no effort at all to make, I’ll eat it.
Not only did it taste good, but it was a great alternative to a boxed meal that has a lot of sodium.
The new line of Skillet Creations meal kits contains 45 percent less sodium than previous Tyson meal kits, offering busy couples mealtime solutions that meet their needs for nutrition, taste and convenience.
I also like the selection of meals. If I am having a busy week I could easily serve a few of these for dinner and my family would not get bored.
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas: Pepper and onions fire roasted to deliver just the right kick and cooked with grilled chicken strips in a delicious fajita sizzle sauce to be served with included flour tortillas.
- Grilled Steak Fajitas: Premium cuts of marinated steak grilled to perfection and simmered with fire-roasted peppers and onions in a savory fajita sizzle sauce to be served with included flour tortillas.
- Grilled Chicken Tuscany & Penne: Tender grilled chicken strips are complemented by roasted red bell peppers, zucchini and penne pasta made in the old-world style, and served in a flavorful, tomato rustica sauce.
- Asian Style Orange Chicken: This classic Asian favorite includes tender, marinated chicken and fresh noodles served with petite green beans, onions, carrots and peppers in a tangy orange sauce.
- Stroganoff: Lightly seasoned strips of steak with traditional noodles, Portobello mushrooms and caramelized onions, all simmered in a creamy stroganoff sauce with real sour cream and cracked pepper.
Tyson has generously offered to let three (3) Frugal RI Mama readers try the NEW Tyson Skillet Creations Meal Kits. You will receive a coupon for a FREE product (up to $7.99).
How to Enter:
To enter all you need to do is leave me a comment telling me which one you’d like to try. That’s it! Make sure you leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.
You must do the above first for any of the extra entries to count. You can then enter up to 5 more times by doing any or all of the following:
- Follow me on twitter
- Sign up for my RSS feed (or add me to your favorite reader)
- Tweet about the giveaway (please include @frugalrimama)
- Blog about my giveaway
- Comment on any other post on my blog
Just leave a separate comment for each additional entry for them to count.
Open to US & Canada Residents ONLY. This giveaway will end Tuesday, July 28th at 11:59PM EST. The winners will be picked by Random.org and announced the next day. They will have 48 hours to claim their prize or I will choose another winner.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for entering!