Is it snowing where you live today? Chances are you are being blessed with beautiful white snow today and if you aren’t, let’s make believe you are! Here is a fun cooking craft you can do with the kids and they’ll love the final outcome – cute Nutter Butter Snowmen cookies! There is no baking involved, just some melted chocolate and a lot of fun!
Nutter Butter Snowmen Cookies
Snowmen Cookie Ingredients:
1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
1 package of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Wafers
Variety of colors M & M candies
Royal Icing Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1 C powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
Black gel food coloring
Snowmen Cookie Directions:
- Line a cookie with wax paper.
- Using a double boiler melt the white chocolate wafers.
- Dip each Nutter Butter cookies entirely into the melted white chocolate.
- Make sure that the cookie is fully covered with the melted white chocolate.
- Remove the cookie from the melted chocolate then using a fork .
- Lay the white chocolate covered cookie on the wax paper to dry.
- Refer to the picture of the cookie for the next steps.
- Place two matching colored M & M”s on the lower half of the cookie.
- Stand one orange M & M on it’s side directly below the candy eyes and place it as the nose.
- Allow to dry completely.
Royal Icing Directions:
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites. putting only the egg whites into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, cream of tarter and vanilla to the egg whites.
- Beating on medium for 6 minutes.
- If the icing has the appearance of soup or is yellow in color add more powder sugar, 1 cup.
- Put the icing in a bowl adding in some of the black gel food coloring. Mix well.
- Begin to scoop all of the black icing and put it into a piping bag with #2 tip.
- Using the black icing and make two black dots for the eyes in the middle of the top half of the Nutter Butter cookie.
- Using the same black icing make a smile with four smaller black dots under the nose.
- Allow the chocolate and icing to completely dry.
Easy! Have fun with the colors and clothes you put him!
Let me know how your Nutter Butter Snowmen cookies turn out!
Find more fun things to do with the kids on the blog.