At least once or twice a year it’s good to sit down and look through your monthly bills to see if there is a way to save some money. As things change in your life, the cost may go down on certain bills like your insurance. It’s worth it to take some time and look into possibly lowering your rate.
Here are 8 Tips for saving $$ on auto insurance courtesy of Esurance.com:
- Ask your friends if they like their auto insurance companies (Facebook is one good way)
- What are your needs? Answer a few questions and find out at Esurance Coverage Counselor.
- Do you really need towing coverage? You may already have it from an auto club or credit card. Why pay twice?
- Drive safely. Speeding tickets and fender benders only increase your auto insurance costs.
- Mind the insurance gap. Gaps in coverage have been correlated with a higher risk of accidents, one of the factors that helps determine your rate.
- Pay your non-auto insurance bills on time. One important rating factor, applicable in some states, is the credit-based insurance score. Statistics show that folks who pay their bills on time are generally better drivers.
- Look for ways to save. Factors that may lower your rate include:
- Factory-installed safety equipment (air bags, automatic seat belts, etc.)
- Factory-installed anti-theft devices (car alarms, anti-theft devices, etc.)
- Additional anti-theft equipment (certified car tracking systems)
- Good students in certain age groups
- Customize your coverage; no 2 people are alike. Buying a home, graduating from college, getting married, or you’re just not sure that you have the plan exactly right for you? Esurance’s Coverage Counselor tool can help you figure it all out.
A lot more info and tips can be found at the Esurance Learning Center.