I am hosting Thanksgiving this year. I’ve only done this once before and it was the year my oldest daughter was born. She was barely 2 weeks old and we had dinner at our house because it was easiest for me as I had a c-section and wasn’t up to going anywhere. However just because we had it at my house, doesn’t mean I did anything – because I didn’t! My husband brine and cooked the turkey and my mother did the rest of the work!
But this time I will be doing a good portion of the cooking and I am looking to try a few new things. I took on the challenge from Great Value products (Walmart store brand) to make some holiday recipes using 3 Great Value products – refrigerated crescent rolls, biscuits and pie crusts!
I’ve decided on the following items:
- Asparagus wrapped in Great Value Crescent Rolls – I’ve seen these online so many times and I keep saying I’m going to make them and never do. They look pretty simple and yummy too!
- Monkey Bread with Great Value Biscuits – My mother’s friend makes this all the time and it’s always a hit so I have a feeling everyone will enjoy it.
- Chocolate Almond Crescent Cookies with Great Value Pie Crust – I’m not a big pie person, I love cookies so I’d rather turn a pie crust into a cookie then make a pie. So I’m going to try these out. They look simple and only require a few ingredients. Hoping they come out as good as they sound!
I will be heading to Walmart tomorrow to grab the products I need. Here is my shopping list…
- (1) Great Value Crescent Rolls
- 1lb Asparagus
- (4) Great Value Biscuits
- Brown Sugar
- (1) Great Value Pie Crust
- Powdered Sugar
Everything else I already have on hand for the 3 recipes.
This weekend I’ll be making these yummy recipes and having a taste testing before the actual Thanksgiving dinner and I’ll share the results (along with pictures) in case you are interested in trying any of them.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Ralcorp and The Motherhood for this post. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.