Is it snowing where you live today? Chances are you are being blessed with beautiful white snow today and if you aren’t, let’s make believe you are! Here is a fun cooking craft you can do with the kids and they’ll love the final outcome – cute Nutter Butter Snowmen cookies! There is no baking involved, just some melted chocolate and a lot of fun!
Nutter Butter Snowmen Cookies
Snowmen Cookie Ingredients:
1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
1 package of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Wafers
Variety of colors M & M candies
Royal Icing Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1 C powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
Black gel food coloring
Snowmen Cookie Directions:
- Before you begin, line a cookie with wax paper.
- To begin with, use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate wafers.
- Then dip each Nutter Butter cookie into the melted white chocolate.
- Next, cover the cookie with the melted white chocolate.
- Then remove the cookie from the melted chocolate using a fork .
- After that, lay the white chocolate covered cookie on the wax paper to dry.
- Be sure to refer to the picture of the cookie for the next steps.
- Carefully place two matching colored M & M”s on the lower half of the cookie.
- Then stand one orange M & M on it’s side directly below the candy eyes and place it as the nose.
- Finally, alllow each cookie to dry completely.
Royal Icing Directions:
- Before you mix anything, separate the egg yolk from the whites and be sure to add only the egg whites into a mixing bowl.
- After that, stir in the sugar, cream of tarter and vanilla to the egg whites.
- Be sure to beat the mixture on medium for 6 minutes.
- If the icing has the appearance of soup or is yellow in color add more powder sugar, 1 cup.
- Put the icing in a bowl together with the black gel food coloring and mix well.
- After that, scoop all of the black icing and put it into a piping bag with #2 tip.
- Use the black icing and make two black dots for the eyes in the middle of the top half of the Nutter Butter cookie.
- Using the same black icing, now make a smile with four smaller black dots under the nose.
- Lastly, allow the chocolate and icing to completely dry.
Easy! Have fun with the colors and clothes you put him!
Let me know how your Nutter Butter Snowmen cookies turn out!