Tinker Bell’s First Day of Fall Fun
Saturday, September 22nd, was the first day of fall and Walt Disney Pictures is proud to share Tinker Bell and her friend Rosetta’s top fall facts and fun activities in anticipation of the October 23rd Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital release of SECRET OF THE WINGS!
A magical fairy adventure for the whole family, SECRET OF THE WINGS invites audiences to join Tinker Bell and friends on their new adventure into the never-before-seen mysterious Winter Woods, where Tinker Bell finds out that she has a sister and discovers other incredible secrets that will change her life forever.
Here are some of their fun tips!
ROSETTA’S TOP FALL GARDENING TIPS
Pixie Hollow, home of Tinker Bell and her friends, is a magical place, filled with many colorful flowers and trees. It is not surprising that so many fairies live there! Tinker Bell’s close friend, Rosetta, is a garden fairy whose talent is nurturing plants and flowers.
This guide looks at simple ways of making and maintaining your very own Pixie Hollow garden. Ask a grown-up to help you follow Rosetta’s top seasonal gardening tips!
- Collect seeds from flowers and keep them safe, ready to plant next year!
- Notice how the leaves on the plants change from green to bright yellows, reds and oranges before they drop to the ground.
- Collect some of the dropped petals from the summer roses, put them on a folded piece of paper and make a flower press by compressing the paper between two heavy books.
- Clear away old vegetation to make room for new growth. Pile this in the corner of your garden. It will become a compost heap after all the plants decompose. Later, you can use the mulch for feeding new growth in the garden.
- Be careful when you clear the ground as some animals and insects might be making their home for the winter there
I can’t wait to see this movie and neither can my girls!