I’m excited to share with you that Bing has asked me once again to co-host a twitter party. The party will be tomorrow afternoon and I hope you can join us! We will be talking about how you can make more informed decisions through Bing by tapping into what your Facebook friends ‘Like’. And if you attend you’ll have a chance of winning 1 of 6 $50 Gift Cards!!
Twitter Party Info
- What: #BingFriends Twitter Party
- When: Wednesay, May 18, 2011 from 3:00-4:00PM EST
- Why: Talk about how you can make more informed decisions through Bing by tapping into what your Facebook friends ‘Like’.
- Hashtag: #BingFriends
- Hosts: @MomCentral
- Co-Hosts: @DadCentral, @kouponkaren, @keralita13
- Prizes: Six people will win $50 gift codes
- Questions?: Contact Matt M. at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the party:
This week, Bing announces enhancements to their social search features to help people make faster, more informed decisions with the help of their friends. Available when logged into Facebook while searching on Bing, the new features are:
- More Likes. Bing is expanding ‘Like’ results to shows pages or links that people’s friends found interesting when searching for a related term, helping cut through the clutter to make more informed decisions.
o Additionally, when searching and signed into Facebook, Bing will show the images of up to three Facebook friends who liked the domain page being searched for, as well as the overall number of friends that like that site.
- Updates to People Search. Given that people find who they’re searching for less than 25 percent of the time, Bing is expanding People Search capabilities to alleviate the pain point. When searching for a specific person, Bing will return more detailed information about the person such as location and full name if a friend, or a friend of a friend in the searchers’ Facebook network matches that name.
- Updates to Bing Travel. Searching for travel-related information just got easier with a new feature called “friends who live here,” which shows what Facebook friends live nearby when searching for a specific location. Bing is also launching Facebook Travel Deals within Bing, which automatically sends airfare deals via Facebook for cities that people have liked.
Hope to see you there!