This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more details.


This post is Sponsored by Listerine but my opinions are 100% my own!

I believe that oral health care is something we should spend time on each and every day.  I just finished having some dental work done that began almost 2 years ago!  I’m so happy to be done with it but I’m also sorry I had to go through it in the first place.  When I was younger I didn’t do such a good job of taking care of my teeth and I’ve paid for it as I’ve gotten older, but now I have a handle on my past problems and moving forward I want to stop more problems from happening as much as I can!

1-2014-02-13 16.56.35

So when I was asked to take part in a LISTERINE® 21-DAY CHALLENGE Oral Care Challenge I was more than up for it!  I headed to Target to purchase the following items…

  • LISTERINE® Antiseptic
  • LISTERINE® WHITENING® Original Gel Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste
  • REACH® Floss

I was happy to be able to choose between the two Smart Rinse flavors and grabbed the Bubble Blast so both my girls would enjoy it.   My little one isn’t fond of mint yet so this she’ll love.

1-2014-02-13 16.56.13

I filled up my basket at Target with all I needed to begin the challenge.


The challenge has kicked off and I began using them this week.  I love the feeling of a fresh mouth in the morning, afternoon and evening so I tend to brush my teeth at least 2 times a day and sometimes 3!  I recently realized how important flossing is so I’m up for the challenge of flossing everyday with a nice supply of dental floss!

1-2014-02-13 16.56.27

Did you know that brushing misses 75% of your mouth? That’s an amazing number so I’m going to really challenge myself to floss every night before bed along with rinse with Listerine.  I don’t want the other 25% of my mouth sitting with food particles all night long.  I’m very happy to begin and already off to a good start.  However my kids are not as excited.  Well, it’s not that they don’t want to have clean teeth and a fresh mouth but when I told them I’d be watching them each day to see if they were doing it properly, they realized they won’t be able to skimp on their routine!    I want this to be fun for them to so I’m guessing the Listerine Smart Rinse will help with that.  And it’s so easy to use.

1-2014-02-13 14.30.56

For every person who posts a “Swish Selfie” to LISTERINE® Brand’s Facebook page, LISTERINE® Brand will make a $5.00 contribution to Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America® program, up to $85,000, toward their goal of connecting 210,000 children with needed oral health services in 2014.

So join me in this challenge and pick up some Listerine and Reach products at Target to begin!  Let me know how you do!

Disclosure:  Disclosure: “I received a Target gift card to purchase LISTERINE® Brand products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc. and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE® 21-Day Challenge.  All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.”