Product Name: Melissa & Doug Wooden Floor Easel AND Easel Companion Supply Set by Melissa & Doug
Product Information: The Melissa and Doug Easel is the perfect way to inspire your artist! Generously sized chalk board and dry erase boards are perfect for projects large and small. Easel folds ups easily for convenient storage and features a colorful paint tray with cup holders. Has an easy loading paper roll holder and an extra large tray for holding erasers; chalk and clips. Paper cutting edge at top of easel means clean paper cuts for your artists work! 4 large clips included and adjustable to 3 positions so it grows with your child!
The Melissa & Doug Easel Companion Supply Set is the must-have artist accessory for any budding artist that has taken to easel creations and it’s perfect for the Melissa & Doug Standing Easel. The Easel Companion Supply Set includes supplies for a variety of art media and to make creative inspiration easy!
The Easel Companion Set includes:
- an easel paper roll (18×75)
- 4 posters paints in red; green; blue and yellow
- 4 durable paint brushes
- 4 paint cups with covers
- Dry-erase marker
- Chalk eraser
- Set of 10 rainbow chalks.
Purchase Price: Floor Easel retails for $79.99 and Easel Companion Supply Set retails for $34.99.
My Thoughts: We have another easel that is plastic and much smaller than this. My 6 year old has somewhat out grown it so we were super excited to be asked to review the Melissa & Doug Standing Easel along with the supply kit! The easel doesn’t come with any supplies so the kit is a must have add-on when buying this easel.
When I say this easel is much bigger it really is! and it grows with your child. It has 3 different positions and right now we have it on the lowest position so I know this will last us a while. And the tray’s are super big to hold all their supplies. I love having a place for everything for them. The paper does indeed tear off nicely and my 6 year old can even do it herself.
With it being bigger than the other one we have, it leaves more room for them to create. The white board is HUGE and so is the black board. The supply set comes with rainbow chalks that are also big and triangular shaped which makes it easy for little hands to use. There are cups for the paint and they have two covers. One that the paint brush can go through and they can use it to wipe off excess paint and the other one is a cover for the entire cup so you can store the paint there for a few days and it won’t dry up. Each cup is color coded so you know what color paint is in there.
What we LOVE about the Easel & Supply Set:
- The triangle shaped chalk is hard and doesn’t break easily. That’s a HUGE plus!
- The paper is very easy to tear off so their creations don’t ripe easily!
- The paper is thick so it holds up well with the paint.
- The chalk board and white board both clean easily.
- The paint brushes that come with the supply set are really nice quality paint brushes and a good sizes as well.
- The paint washes off things pretty easily, including the white board which they almost always get some on while painting.
- The colors. Instead of regular screws or bolts to hold it all together, it has colorful ‘knobs’ that just make it more “FUN” looking.
- It folds up nicely for storage, though my girls haven’t let us store it yet! They’ve played with it everyday since it arrived!
What we Did Not Like about the Easel & Supply Set:
- The Easel does need to be assembled so my husband set out to put it together. Their are stickers on each piece to help with assembly but unfortunately the stickers didn’t stay on very well and weren’t where they should be so my husband had to figure out what went where. There aren’t many pieces but putting the in the proper direction makes a HUGE difference.
- The paper is a little hard to thread through the top. Each time we tear off a piece, it’s such a close tear that you can’t ‘grab’ the paper. You need to push it through the top and since the paper is somewhat thick (that’s a good thing!) it’s not easy to get through since the space is very small. I find myself unscrewing one side each time I have to push the paper through. It’s a minor thing but it bugs me!
We’ve really enjoyed this easel and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase one. The size is unbeatable along with the quality. I can see this lasting us a LONG time, not just because it’s adjustable but because it’s pretty sturdy too.
We own a lot of Melissa & Doug toys and we are happy to add this to our collection! And GummyLump.com has a HUGE selection of not only Melissa & Doug toys but other great toys as well! And they have a great under $10 section with tons of great toys and you’ll receive FREE shipping with a $75+ order. Sometimes when buying toys that’s not a bad limit for FREE shipping.
To add to their creative fun, check out the 300 Crafts for Kids in 2011 that GummyLump.com has put together. There is a craft for everyday and every occasion! These crafts are easy and some of them are very quick too. So if you only have a small amount of time to spend crafting that’s OK. I have such little time some days with everything else we have going on, but my kids LOVE making crafts so I’m happy to find some that we can squeeze in almost anytime. And most items we have on hand already.
(1) Koupon Karen reader will win a Melissa & Doug Wooden Floor Easel along with the Supply Set. A value of over $100!!
Entry is simple! You just need to answer the question below by leaving a comment on this site! You can even gain up to 4 bonus entries for doing each additional item listed (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one — up to a total of 5 comments). As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included.
Take a look around GummyLump.com at the other Melissa & Doug toys and tell me your favorite toy.
1. Follow @KouponKaren on twitter and tweet the following “I entered to #win a Melissa & Doug Wooden Easel @KouponKaren You can too! http://wp.me/pMKCI-5Wg #giveaway ”
2. “Like” Koupon Karen on Facebook –> I have a new page so if you were previously my “friend on facebook” please like this page as well
3. Comment on any other post on my blog (giveaway posts don’t count) then come back here and let me know what post you commented on.
4. Sign up to receive Koupon Karen daily emails or add me to your favorite reader.
Details: This giveaway is open to US Residents and will remain open until April 5th at 11:59 p.m. EST . Any comments left after this time will not be counted. The winner will be selected randomly and will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclosure: I received a Melissa & Doug Wooden Floor Easel & supply set for my review. This did not influence my post and as always, my words are my own.