I love candy apples and so do my girls. Yesterday I shared a recipe for Oreo Caramel Apples and today I have another candy apple recipe – M&M Caramel Apples!
These M&M Caramel Apples are super simple to make and the kids will have fun helping you add the M&M’s!
M&M Caramel Apples
The best apples to use in this recipe is a Pink Lady apple. Before you start you must prepare the apple. First remove the wax coating from the apples by dipping them in boiling water mixed with a splash of vinegar for a few seconds. Remove and dry them and then allow them to cool completely. Next, push the round stick into the bottom of each apple.
This recipe makes 8 large apples.
Pink Lady apples
1 C stick margaine
2 C packed brown sugar
1 C light corn syrup
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C of green M&Ms
2 C of orange M&Ms
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler, pour water into the bottom half just slightly lower than when the top pot sits in the bottom half. bring water to a boil.
- Using a double boiler, put the margarine, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk int the top pot bringing the heat to a med-high. Raise the temp to a boil, constantly stirring then reduce heat to med. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees or when a teaspoon of the caramel is dropped into a glass of cold water it forms a firm ball.
- When this happens remove the pot from the heat stirring in the vanilla.
- Dip each apple into the caramel coating the apple and part of the wooden stick.
- Allow the apples to partially dry on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- When the apples are cool enough to touch begin placing the orange M&Ms on the bottom of the apple.
- When done with the orange M&Ms begin placing the green M&Ms on the top half of the apple.
Allow the apple to completely cool before biting into it.
Try these M&M Caramel Apples and I bet the kids will love them!