Anything that makes cooking quick and easy, is a favorite of mine! We love the Progresso Recipe Starters because they save me a lot of time in the kitchen and they are good! You can make home made macaroni and cheese without having to melt the cheese, they’ve done it for you. That’s a favorite in y house.
Game Day is one of the best days of the year to get together with friends and enjoy some delicious food and fun. This year, let Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ be the perfect teammate and help you score big at your party. With plenty of recipe ideas for different Game Day snacks, Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ will make sure you have a crowd-pleasing performance.
Here is my favorite recipe idea from Progresso:
Bacon Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
30 large fresh whole baby portabella or white mushrooms (1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing crumbs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1 package (2.5 oz) cooked real bacon pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels; do not wash (this helps prevent mushrooms from becoming watery during baking). With paring knife, remove stems from mushrooms; reserve caps. Finely chop enough stems to measure 3/4 cup. Discard remaining stems or reserve for another use.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup of the cooking sauce to boiling; remove from heat (reserve remaining sauce for another use). Stir in dry stuffing crumbs; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in mushroom stems, cheese and bacon. Spoon 2 rounded teaspoons mushroom mixture into each mushroom cap; place on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until hot in center and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
You can find this recipe along with many others on the Progresso website.
(1) Koupon Karen reader will win a FUN Progresso Recipe Starters Kit containing the following:
• 10 Piece Cheese & Appetizer Set
• One Can of Creamy Roasted Garlic Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
To enter the giveaway, use the Giveaway Tools widget below. This is a new widget I’m trying and I hope you like it. Please let me know if you have any questions about it or problems with it! Of course Facebook is in no way associated with this giveaway!
As a reminder, comments left on Facebook or Twitter will not be included. You must follow the instructions on the widget about the proper way to enter.
Disclosure: I received a Free product for review. My opinions are 100% mine.