We have one more month of school and then our summer begins. I’ve already been jotting down some ideas of what we can do to keep the kids busy and to have a fun summer. If my kids get bored, I’m the one who suffers most! With gas prices back on the rise, families are going to start looking for ways to save more money as the summer kicks off.
Here are a few ideas from Laura at TK PR that will help families to not just save money but also to have fun all summer long. This is very possible with a little research and planning!
- Family Bowling Day- Thanks to a great summer program called Kids Bowl Free- kids all across America can participate in free bowling all summer long at more than 1,200 participating centers. Check out www.kidsbowlfree.com to find a center near you.
- Download Priceblink – Families are going to have to spend money at some point, but Priceblink is a FREE tool that can help you find the best deal on everything from beach toys to movie tickets. Find out how it works HERE.
- Go camping…in your own backyard. There’s no better time to sleep under the stars- and no better place than in your own backyard (especially if you have to go to the bathroom!). Bring marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers for extra fun under the stars.
- Neighborhood Potluck- This is a great way to have your neighbors over without spending fortune for all the food. Everyone makes their own dish to enter for the Best Dish of the day. For added fun- if each person emails their recipe to the judge- the judge can make a digital recipe book (and add photos from the actual day).
- Spend those gift cards! The average American household has an average of $300 in gift cards sitting around. Use them- it’s like free money!